10 Reasons why Spark Aligners Are Ideal for Adults & Working Professionals
We all know the power of a big, beautiful smile — the type of smile that can light up a room and exude a strong sense of confidence. However, not everyone is born with a smile that they love. In fact, fewer than half of American adults feel confident with their smiles.1 But that doesn’t mean a person cannot obtain the smile of their dreams. Today, one in four orthodontic patients receiving aligner or braces treatment is an adult, according to the American Association of Orthodontists, and moving healthy teeth is safe even into one’s 70s and beyond.2
Now there are now more options available. The Spark™ Clear Aligner System is a great choice for active adults who want effective treatment that is nearly invisible for others to see. Spark Aligners are a new doctor-directed clear aligner system that offers several key benefits over the competition and is well-suited for active lifestyles and busy professional careers. Spark is manufactured by Ormco, a global orthodontics company that orthodontists around the world trust for high-quality, innovative treatment solutions.
What are clear teeth aligners and how do clear aligners work?
Let’s begin with a basic primer. Clear aligners are nearly transparent, custom-made “trays” that tightly fit a patient’s teeth. Made from a plastic-like material, aligners are made to fit a patient’s teeth at different stages of his or her treatment. Each set of aligners is worn for one-three weeks, at least 22 hours a day, before moving on to the next set. Each aligner set is engineered to move the teeth incrementally, per the orthodontist’s treatment plan, until the desired alignment is reached. Tooth-colored attachments on the teeth will help aligners move teeth properly.3 Aligners can treat most mild and moderate cases of overbite, underbite, crossbite, open bite, crowding, and spacing. There may be instances where aligners may not be right for some severe cases. An orthodontic assessment can provide an accurate diagnosis and best treatment recommendations for you.
This article will outline 10 key benefits Spark Aligners offer busy adults:
- Clarity: One of the main reasons people choose clear aligners is for their discreteness. Spark Aligners are made with the latest innovation in clear aligner material (called TruGEN™), are nearly invisible and more clear than the leading aligner brand.4 This can keep you feeling confident and at your best throughout treatment as you move from meetings and workplace interactions to special events and evenings out.
- Comfort: Spark Aligners have scalloped and smoother edges and are more comfortable than the leading aligner brand.5
- Faster Treatment: Nobody wants to be in treatment longer than needed. Spark’s TruGEN™ material is designed for more efficient tooth movement than the leading aligner brand. This can lead to faster treatment and fewer office visits.6
- Perfect for Active, Busy Lives: Spark Aligners provide the flexibility and convenience needed for today’s busy lifestyles. Sports? Travel? Active social life? Spark Aligners are an ideal choice for active adults, weekend warriors, and working professionals.
- Flexibility: Spark Aligners offer the flexibility to be removed for photos, eating and drinking, or short durations for key business or social events. Ideally, aligners are worn a minimum of 22 hours a day for the best results.7
- Improved Oral Health: Removable aligners help improve oral health by preserving gum health.8 Additionally, because aligners are removed for dental hygiene, brushing and flossing can be done in a cinch. Unlike conventional braces, there are no wires, brackets or rubber bands to work around.
- Stains Less: Spark Aligners have proven to stain less than the leading aligner brand.9 Anecdotally, Spark providers tell us they see a difference in patients with Spark Aligners versus the leading brand in terms of resistance to picking up stains from red wine, berries, coffee and tea, drinks with color dyes, or other food substances where residue on the teeth can stain some aligner materials.
- Customized/Doctor-Directed Treatment: Spark Aligners’ proprietary technology allows your orthodontist to develop a customized treatment plan specifically designed just for your needs. Appointments every 8-10 weeks on average enable your doctor to keep a watchful eye on your progress throughout your treatment. This can involve making any adjustments as needed to ensure your smile outcome is on track.
- BPA Free: You can have peace of mind knowing that Spark Aligners are BPA, mercury, latex and phthalate free.10
- You Can Still Eat/Drink What You Love: Love to drink red wine? Snack on popcorn? Drink soda? Bite into a carrot or apple? No worries. Since you will remove your Spark Aligners to eat, you can eat or drink whatever you want.
Ways to Pay for Clear Teeth Aligners
The cost of clear aligners is often covered by insurance. Ask your insurance provider or employment benefits administrator if aligner therapy is covered under your dental insurance plan and what your coverage provides. Also, ask the orthodontic practices you are considering if they offer payment plans to make your aligner treatment easier to pay.
How to Start Clear Aligner Treatment
Spark Aligners are available through orthodontists worldwide who have been trained to provide Spark Aligner therapy. Spark can be used to treat a wide variety of orthodontic issues (known as malocclusion) in both adults and kids.11
As you search for the best clear aligners for you, we encourage you to learn more about Spark Aligners, hear patient and doctor testimonials, and see before and after cases on our site. To find a Spark provider to discuss what a customized treatment plan might look like for you, you can search the Spark Doctor Locator.
1 Propeller Research, “HealthySmile IQ” poll of 1,011 US consumers, September 14–17, 2019. This exact fact is on the HSIQ.com website homepage.
2 https://www.aaoinfo.org/_/adult-orthodontics/ (first line of text)
7 https://www.aaoinfo.org/blog/braces-vs-clear-aligners/ (third paragraph under “aligners”)
11 This is the new FDA indication that will be announced in June 2021, per approved messaging.